What is this program?
This program explores the positive impact community pharmacists can have on the rate of opioid overdoses in America. PrescribeWellness will identify patients that are at a high risk for an opioid overdose, and provide pharmacists with the tools to conduct appropriate interventions to mitigate the risk of an overdose.
When will the program start?
The program will begin on July 1, 2018 and will continue through 2019.
How much will I get paid?
Your pharmacy is eligible for up to $50 per opioid patient. Payment is distributed over at least two encounters. Each eligible opioid patient is eligible for a $25 initial encounter reimbursement, a $10 naloxone dispensing reimbursement, and a $15 MTP (Medication therapy problem) resolution reimbursement.
When will my pharmacy get paid?
Payments will be distributed after the conclusion of each quarter.
Which of my patients are eligible?
Patients that fall into risk classes 5, 6, or 7 are eligible. Please see the Cheat Sheet on the PharmacyUnited program page in University for steps to identify eligible patients.
How do I enroll?
Fill out our enrollment form (links below):
- If you have NOT already signed up for PrescribeCare MSO, please fill out this form.
- If you have already signed up for PrescribeCare MSO, please fill out this form.
What are the participation requirements for this study?
- Complete the electronic agreement.
- Watch the 30-minute opioid training video.
- Once the program has begun you will log opioid consultation encounters into PrescribeCare for eligible patients.
Do I have to enroll in PrescribeCare MSO to participate?